CNC Operator for 1st shift in Chaska, MN 55318
$20 an hour
The Horizontal mill and lathe CNC will be in charge of set-up, editing and operating Doosan Horizontal Machining Centers. This position sets up new and repeat jobs, instructs operators on how to run parts, runs small – medium size production lots, troubleshoots and edits code as necessary, keeps records, communicates with co-workers and managers regarding production runs, and maintains quality and safety standards.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Use advanced techniques to troubleshoot and resolve machine or programming issues.
• Identify opportunities to reduce machining time through process improvements.
• Understand, interpret and edit FANUC programming code.
• Advise the maintenance department or supervisor of any machine issues, crashes, or needed repairs.
• Set-up and load programs into CNC machines and complete first run part.
• Load and unload materials and parts manually or using appropriate equipment or tools.
• Independently operate CNC equipment and observe operations with focused attention.
• Operate grinding and related tools to remove excess material or burrs from surfaces.
• Assure quality by inspecting finished parts; report irregularities or tolerance deviations to supervisor or quality control personnel.
• Perform tool wear offsets or change inserts to meet tolerance requirements.
• Monitor progress toward, and meet production goals.
• Follow, create and help maintain work instructions; complete required daily paperwork.
• Maintain equipment and worksite by completing housekeeping, preventive maintenance and daily inspection tasks.
• Perform other tasks as warranted or assigned by management.
APPLY NOW!Apply Now