General Description: Under moderate supervision the Facilities Mechanic performs routine maintenance, service, repairs and upgrades to company buildings and grounds. Supports the Facilities Department to perform preventative maintenance activities.
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
• Promotes a safe working environment and adheres to Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, company safety rules, Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) in line with the company’s objectives and policies at all times.
• Follows all Occupational, Safety and Health Administration (O.S.H.A) guidelines.
• Ensures compliance with EHS requirements
• Performs assigned preventive maintenance tasks as scheduled to ensure reliability of equipment and compliance with specifications. • Performs support and maintenance of the plant critical systems (HVAC, Compressed Air, Water) to ensure efficient operation and compliance with specifications.
• Supports production and maintenance technicians as required to maintain plant manufacturing operation activities.
• Performs emergency repairs to production equipment, in a fast-paced environment, to keep lines going at maximum efficiency. • Starts-up of all major facility related equipment that supports production start. As well as shuts down of equipment at the end of a production week run.
• Participates in the installation of facility and production equipment.
• Performs preventive maintenance on facility & compounding related equipment.
• Promotes cleanliness and good manufacturing practices for Cosmetic industry production throughout the maintenance department.
• Takes every reasonable precaution to ensure the safety of self, employees he/she works with, the customers and any Company-owned equipment he/she may operate.
• Makes sure every reasonable precaution is taken to protect Company property from possible damage and/or theft.
• Ensures that forms are completed in accordance with Company policies an