We are hiring for Chemical Operators for a Great Manufacturer
This is a long term position with potential for hire for the right candidate
Pay is based on shift worked
Shifts rotate so open availability it a must
Under the direction of the Production Shift Lead, the Chemical Operator is responsible for performing all the duties of the assigned production area. Chemical Process Operators are the "hands on" part of the team, occupying a direct labor position involved with the manufacturing of chemical batches.
• Store, retrieve, mix, and monitor chemicals used in the production process
• Record information such as, ingredients, weights, and temperature, and input into database
• Help troubleshoot issues with production equipment and processes
• Observe all company, local state, and federal safety and quality regulations
• Report any unsafe practice, malfunctioning equipment and/or any other condition or event that would result in reduced quality or efficiency of operation.
• Assist in planning and improving processes and product quality
• Handle and control hazardous waste materials in compliance with all practices and policies as established by company authorities.
• Works in conjunction with the Lead to efficiently prioritize manufacturing efforts and to assure that quality and shipments are met and data accuracy requirements are accomplished.
• Works to obtain optimum productivity, consistent quality of product, and to meet the customer's specifications.
• Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tools, and work area; keeps housekeeping a high priority
• Other duties as assigned.
• Confined space entry into process tanks for cleaning required- FULL TIME ONLY
• Able to follow and comply with Standard Operating Procedures and Instructions
• Able to work rotating 8-hour shifts -2weeks 7a-3p, 2 weeks 3p-11p, 2 weeks 11p-7a
• 5-day work week with occasional overtime for business needs
• Able to identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks
• Able to walk, stand, climb, crouch, or sit for extended periods
• Able to lift 50 lbs. or more
• Transportation required
• Must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English; read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and product recipes/material identifications.
Education and Work Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 5+ years’ manufacturing experience as a production operator
• Forklift certified
• Aptitude for mechanics a plus
• Basic computer skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
• Good mechanical aptitude
• Good math skills
• Experience using hand tools and power tools
• Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work in an organized manner
• Self-discipline and motivation
• Critical thinking skillsApply Now