Summary: Shared responsibility for the set up and operation of mechanical power presses in the production of quality stamping. Monitors stamping process and maintains accurate charts to ensure product conforms to customer requirements. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.* Ensure and applies proper use of personal protect equipment (PPE). Promotes a safe work environment.* Maintains cleanliness and organization of the work area.* Monitor press operation, visually inspects parts, reads and adheres to qualify sections and maintains charts to ensure conformance to customer requirements. Completed the required production and quality documentation. Including proper tagging, daily reports, set up sheets and time reports.* Makes proper settings for die, press, straightener, feeder and adjusts as necessary to include determining optimal location for conveyors, and method of part/scrap removal.* Assists in die set ups. Loads the coil into the feed line. Properly adjusts lubrication to the die and/or strip as well as troubleshoots production problems and works with other team members to correct and improve the process.* Uses gages to ensure parts meet quality requirements. Use micrometers, calipers and other basic measuring equipment
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent
* Previous machine operating experience in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
* Must be able to understand basic math and have the ability to use a calculator and tape measure (metric / standard tolerance)
* Must be able to make good judgment decisions concerning parts, quality, etc.
* Mechanical aptitude
* Strong leadership, teamwork and communication skills
Physical Demands: The physical demands of this job include walking, sitting, standing, bending, squatting, twisting and climbing
-MUST have GED/H.S. Diploma
-MUST have previous machine operation experience
-MUST have steel toe shoes/boots
-MUST be able to work 2nd shift, 3-11pm
-MUST be able to work weekends if required by client productionApply Now