ResourceMFG has an immediate opening for a Machine Operator.
2nd Shift 3pm-11pm ; $15.00 Raleigh, NC
Operates machine or machines that either fanfolds or rewinds paper into bundles or rolls by performing the following duties.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Paper Converter I position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Operates fanfold machine or rewinding machine ensuring product is cut to proper length and width.
• Loads rolls of paper on machine backstands and threads paper between feed rollers to wind smaller rolls of 2-ply or 3-ply of paper.
• Observes flow of material through machine to detect irregular cutting and winding which may cause out of spec condition.
• Guides fanfold bundle into off-load conveyor once bundle is finished.
• Adjusts and regulates air pressures for brakes, tension and web control, adjust speed and alignment settings for paper.
• Removes strapped bundle or rolls from conveyor and places on pallet in upright or horizontal position according to skid loading diagram.
• Applies splice tape to bundle and may apply splice tape to rolls.
• Checks finished product to ensure it meets product specs.
• Verify product is correct to schedule and set up.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to have a good attendance record.
• Basic machine knowledge.
• Lift truck experience helpful.
• Ability to move or lift