ResourceMFG has an immediate opening for an experienced Machine Operator
3rd shift 11pm-7:30am ; $17.00 Zebulon, NC
Responsible for the day-to-day setup, operation, and basic maintenance of equipment in extrusion, conversion, recycle (regrind), warehousing, and quality control areas at HQ (Polyethylene – PE) and GNIC (Polypropylene – PP). This includes production efficiencies, quality, safety, troubleshooting, repairing machine problems, and training new operators. May work in different areas as production needs require or shift from one machine to another during the manufacturing process.
• Support commissioning of new manufacturing line equipment.
• Support development of new products to win and serve customers.
• Operate, monitor, care for, and troubleshoot equipment.
• Support world class culture by consistently demonstrating attitude, teamwork, performance, and personal development. Keep safety and quality as a priority every day.
• Flexibility to adjust to different day to day requirements. Depending on business needs, the flex operator will serve in extrusion, conversion, and warehouse areas.
• Startup, setup, change over, and machine operation in extrusion and conversion equipment following established policies and procedures to achieve and exceed performance standards.
• Load, change, and blend materials. Support material handling processes for raw materials, work-in-process materials, packaging materials and finished goods.
• Read specifications, drawings, policies and procedures to determine material, process and machine setups and adjustments needed to ensure product quality.
• Perform quality assurance and quality control tasks for products and processes.
• Perform material handling responsibilities.
• Observe machine operation to detect defects or machine malfunction. Perform operator maintenance and submit work orders and suggestions to remedy issues as needed.
• Implement LEAN principles to eliminate waste.
• Record machine, process, production, material, and quality information in the appropriate systems. Maintain, recommend improve