Riverview Company Now hiring TIG/MIG Welders
Shift : 1st and 2nd
Pay $18.00 - $21.00
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Position, layout, align and fit components together for industrial enclosures.
• Set-up equipment and weld parts using arc, gas shield arc, submerged arc or gas welding
• Weld with stainless and aluminum.
• May assemble parts by bolting or riveting.
• Bolting and assembly of various items.
• Use of bandsaw with an automated feeder.
• List and verify operations.
• Use a measuring tape to read blueprints to specifications.
• Analyze engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders, to plan
layout, assembly, and welding operations.
• Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
• Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using
straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
• Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, and other
• Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required
configurations and positions for welding.
• Position and secure workpieces, using hoists, cranes, wire, and banding machines or hand
• Check grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometers, calipers, and precision
• Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart
specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
• Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals
being welded, completing electrical circuits.
• Cut, contour, and bevel metal plates and structural shapes to dimensions as specified by
blueprints, layouts, work orders, and templates, using powered saws, hand shears, or
• Dismantle metal assemblies or cut scrap metal, using thermal-cutting equipment, such as
flame-cutting torches or plasma-arc equipment.
• Signal crane operators to move large workpieces.
• Mark or tag material with proper job number, piece marks, and other identifying marks as
• Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or power chippers,
portable grinders, or arc-cutting equipment.
• Remove rough spots from workpieces, using portable grinders, hand files, or scrapers.
• Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale,
slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
• Clean or degrease parts, using wire brushes, portable grinders, or chemical baths.
• Hammer out bulges or bends in metal workpieces.
• Use fire suppression methods in industrial emergencies.
• Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
• May be expected to assist in other manufacturing production areas.
• Adhere to all company policies.
• Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment
(especially eye, ear protection and steel toe shoes/boots, gloves, etc.).
• Keep work area clean and organized.
• Report all injuries, near misses and accidents immediately to a supervisor.
• All other duties as assigned.