The Accounts Payable (AP) Clerk II is responsible for day-to-day operations of the payables process. Accountable for the receipts, organization, and processing of vendors invoices on a timely basis. Which includes supporting Accounting with journal entries and payables focused on quarter-end close activities.
• Promotes a safe working environment and adheres to Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, company safety rules, Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP’s), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) in line with the company’s objectives and policies at all times.
• Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
• Matches, codes, and vouches invoices, processing check runs, resolving discrepancies, reconciliation A/P account, and interfacing with vendors Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment. Processes check requests, writes checks and prepare vouchers authorizing payment to vendors.
• Verifies accuracy of billing data and to ensure receipt of items order, compare invoices against purchase orders.
• Respond to all vendor inquiries Contacts vendors or buyers regarding errors in partial or duplicate shipments, price, substitutions, or quantities.
• Assist in month end closing
• Organizes and maintains A/P files for paid invoices. Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
• Other duties may be assigned by Account Payable – Payroll Manager