ResourceMFG is working with a great company in Tulsa looking for a Cylindrical Grinder Operator!
Shift: Monday-Friday 6am-2:30pm, OT Required depending on workload
Pay: $18-$23 an hour depending on experience
The Cylindrical Grinder Operator is responsible to set-up and operate various O.D. and/or I.D. grinding machines to produce finished pieces with extremely tight tolerances which must be held on both diameter and surface finish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Logs attendance and labor hours against jobs utilizing Company timeclock system.
• Marks or tags material with proper job number, piece marks, and other identifying marks as required.
• Maintains lot traceability & records data detailed on job routers.
• Reviews job router and understands methods and products which will be created.
• Reads and understands 2D mechanical drawings / blueprints.
• Prepares all material surfaces to be ground, ensuring no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
• Sets up and operates various OD and/or ID grinding machines, utilizing conventional and/or CNC controls.
• Selects machine tooling to be used, utilizing knowledge of machine and production requirements.
• Able to perform all aspects of cylindrical grinding, including mounting grinding wheels on spindles with wrenches; dressing wheels to specifications, using dressing device; adjusting controls to set specified grinding speeds, feed rates; limits & stops to set traverse lengths and feed arm strokes; using wrenches; lifts and positions workpiece manually or with hoist, and secures it between centers, with steady rest as necessary; starts machine and observes operation; verifies dimensions of ground workpiece for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and profilometer.
• Performs machine inspections. Performs equipment maintenance as needed. Identifies/reports problems with machine or machining process to avoid scrap
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.Apply Now