We are hiring a Compounder in Moorpark!
Compounder Job Description:
• Set up equipment as needed to mix products.
• Requisitions chemicals, picks up and signs for pre-weighed chemicals and dyes.
• process ingredients according to the prescribed formula.
• Transfers product from the mixing tanks to holding tanks and documents the same.
• Use scales, meters, and manual measurements to measure chemicals, dyes and perfumes.
• Operates fork trucks and hand trucks to add ingredients to tanks.
• Monitors batching instructions during the entire operation to ensure no deviation from specified procedures.
• Monitors agitators to mix ingredients for the specified time.
• Observes mixing speeds, adjusts mixing as necessary to achieve desired results. Adjusts and monitors controls to achieve desired temperature.
• Complete and verify manufacturing documentation as required.
• Identify and communicates discrepancies with materials, products or equipment.
• Clean and sanitary in the handling of equipment and materials.
• Maintain a clean and professional personal appearance and working area.
• Cross-trains in other Processing department functions (pre weigh, chemical warehouse, process transfer).
• Min. 2 year of cosmetic manufacturing experience
• Able to read, write and communicate in English
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Wear personal protective equipment as required