Now Hiring Class A Fitter/Welders!
Shift: 1st shift Salary: $21.00 to $26.00 per hour
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under supervision, assist in the planned daily activities.
• Participate in pre-and post-planned readiness of parts and tools, for planned fit-up activities.
• Use thorough understanding of ASME code requirements on all applicable job tasks, including but not limited to the ability to distinguish between fillet welds, J-Groove weld, back gouging, etc.)
• Under supervision, weld components in flat, vertical or overhead positions utilizing the appropriate welding technique, FCAW or GMAW.
• Use knowledge of weld symbols to analyze drawings, blueprints, specifications, work orders and material safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly and welding operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• Specialized welding training and/or 5+ years of related welding experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated skill proficiency or an equivalent combination of training, experience, and skill proficiency.
• Must consistently demonstrate code quality work.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions. • Must be mathematically inclined.
• Ability to use and maintain numerous hand tools (POWERED AND MANUAL)
• Certified according to ASME code in the following welding process (FCAW and GMAW required; GTAW preferred).
• Must pass a 3G Mig/Flux Core plate test
• Must pass a 6g TIG test on 2 ½ pipe REQUIRED.
• Complete knowledge of blueprint interpretation.
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Must have the physical stamina to stand 8 or more hours per day and operate welding equipment.
• Must possess sufficient visual acuity and depth perception to complete job tasks.
• Must be able to tolerate shop environmentApply Now