Maintains chemical levels in the OCAL acid etching operation, which includes sulfuric acid, phosphoric acid, hot and cold water rinses, flux tank, and chromatin tank. • Twice daily performs routine chemical treatment of sulfuric acid etch tanks to maintain iron sulfate at acceptable levels. • Maintain equipment associated with all OCAL chemical processes, which include, but are not limited to, acid etch, chromatin, chemical mix and storage, chemical recovery and environmental control. • Monitors and maintains hazardous and non-hazardous chemical storage levels to safety permit requirements. • Performs banding, weighing and other activities associated with the accumulation, disposal and/or disposition of all OCAL waste streams.
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to write simple correspondence, including maintaining logs and document work performed.
• Ability to present information to individuals, groups or other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to draw and interpret graphs.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standard situations.