ResourceMFG is working with a great company in Tulsa looking for a Cylindrical Grinder Operator!
Shift: Monday-Friday 6am-2:30pm, OT Required depending on workload
Pay: $18-$23 an hour depending on experience
The Cylindrical Grinder Operator is responsible to set-up and operate various O.D. and/or I.D. grinding machines to produce finished pieces with extremely tight tolerances which must be held on both diameter and surface finish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Logs attendance and labor hours against jobs utilizing Company timeclock system.
• Marks or tags material with proper job number, piece marks, and other identifying marks as required.
• Maintains lot traceability & records data detailed on job routers.
• Reviews job router and understands methods and products which will be created.
• Reads and understands 2D mechanical drawings / blueprints.
• Prepares all material surfaces to be ground, ensuring no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
• Sets up and operates various OD and/or ID grinding machines, utilizing conventional and/or CNC controls.
• Selects machine tooling to be used, utilizing knowledge of machine and production requirements.
• Able to perform all aspects of cylindrical grinding, including mounting grinding wheels on spindles with wrenches; dressing wheels to specifications, using dressing device; adjusting controls to set specified grinding speeds, feed rates; limits & stops to set traverse lengths and feed arm strokes; using wrenches; lifts and positions workpiece manually or with hoist, and secures it between centers, with steady rest as necessary; starts machine and observes operation; verifies dimensions of ground workpiece for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and profilometer.
• Performs machine inspections. Performs equipment maintenance as needed. Identifies/reports problems with machine or machining process to avoid scrap