Performance to Hire Opportunity!
Schedules and routes all shipments, maintains files to meet customer and traffic objectives. Accurately processes and maintains all shipments meeting FDA and company guidelines.
• Coordinates all shipments and freight carrier pick-ups through designated carriers according to general traffic guidelines set forth by the Director, Logistics.
• Creates and edits bills of lading documents for freight carriers, ensures carrier compliance with receiving documents.
• Sorts and forwards shipping support documentation to appropriate departments.
• Enters general inventory documentation not handled by RF system as necessary.
• Creates and maintains shipping document files.
• Processes daily billings for customer shipments.
• Monitors and orders warehouse supplies.
• This job reports to the Supervisor, Distribution interfacing with the Distribution and Material Control Managers and with the Director, Logistics.
• Has daily outside contact with freight carriers and dispatchers, internal contacts with Inventory Control, Receiving, and traffic areas.
• The incumbent must work under limited supervision. Errors in judgment can result in the loss of time, money, and customer relations for the company. Decision making can include selecting the type of carrier to be used based on the number of pallets to be shipped.
• Accuracy and attention to detail are necessary to ensure accurate documentation as required as required by the FDA and financial auditors.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.