ResourceMFG is hiring for a part time purchasing clerk for a defense electronics company.
Shift: 1st shift
Hours: 20 hours a week, part time.
Pay: $14.00 an hour
The Purchasing Clerk / Assistant role is a position within the Purchasing Department focused on tracking, analyzing, forecasting and in an efficient, precise, and timely manner present data and recommendations to the Supply Chain Team.
·Analysis, tracking, and maintenance of files and data
·Assist Buyers in various aspects of procurement such as creating charts, analyses, spreadsheets
·Determine analysis of replenishment reports
·Evaluate daily inventory reports focused on, replenishment, accuracy and product expiration
·Work with buyers and Supply Chain Management in an effort to maximize the accuracy of reports, parts and suppliers / vendor
·Communicate with other departments within the company when necessary
Monitors slow moving and dead inventory by category and per instruction of buyers.
· Sources substitutes when product is going to be short
· Maintains and updates the delivery dates of the “Open P.O.”
· Manages assigned suppliers and performs updates as needed on new and existing vendor base.
· Reviews purchase price variances with the goal to eliminate them altogether.
· Generate various reports related to assigned commodities and maintain database accuracy.
· Strong communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Strong and consistent work ethic
· Willingness to learn
· Excellent time management
· Bachelor’s degree or comparable business/accounting experience preferred
· Strong math skills
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office