Tampa Company now hiring a Manual Machinist
Pay: $28.00 - $29.37 DOE
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Record all data necessary to produce expected service and/or design results, including sizing
• Use measuring devices and techniques correctly to assure proper sizing.
• Perform milling operations such as drilling, tapping, boring, and conventional milling
• Vertical turret lathe operation including boring, facing, and concentricity repairs
• Engine lathe operations including shaft repair and manufacturing
• Perform various metalizing (metal spraying) techniques as needed.
• Understand materials and applications as required.
• Set up and perform tool-post grinding procedures.
• Babbitt bearing work.
• Use various hand-held and stationary power and non-power tools, including but not limited to:
band saws, belt sanders, hand grinder, files, etc.
• Lift, tighten, adjust and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work and/or to observe
• Assist other machinists in department with skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by
supervisor or shop manager.
• Adhere to all company policies
• Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment (especially eye,
ear protection and steel toe shoes/boots, gloves, etc.)
• Keep work area clean and organized.
• Report all injuries, near misses and accidents immediately to a supervisor.
• All other duties as assig
Education, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Manual Machinist in machine shop & job shop work
environment—(CNC experience is not applicable).
• Prior electric motor experience or in a machine shop is helpful and prior work experience,
and/or certification, doing MiG and Tig welding a plus.
• Certification from a Technical school helpful.