Setup and operate CNC Hass Mill and Haas Lathe along with conventional equipment to produce precision parts for machine assemblies and R&D work. Ability to machine using G-code and manual operations. Experience with conventional mills and lathes.
When time permits, construct, assemble, and rebuild machines such as CNC spinning machines, flow forming machines, robotics, and hydraulic equipment. Ability to machine using G-code and manual operations. Experience with conventional mills and lathes.
The main activities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
· Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and calipers.
· Understanding and translating engineering blueprint drawings to machining requirements.
· Understanding the use of DRO (digital readout) equipment.
· Set up and/or program, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools needed in order to
perform precision machining operations.
· Bench grinding to tight tolerances.
· Set controls to regulate machining.
· CAD CAM software experience (mastercam)
· Machine parts to specifications. Be able to hit required tolerance ranges.
· Measure and inspect parts to specifications. (Height table, depth gauge, micrometers, calipers, dials indicators, edge finders.)
· Manage metalworking projects from planning and fabrication through assembly, inspection, and testing, using knowledge of machine functions, metal properties and mathematics.
· Design fixtures, tooling, and experimental parts to meet special engineering needs,
· Knowledge of tooling up machinery and ordering machine tools per job requirements.
· Maintenance of CNC machinery and machine shop.
· Ability to work overtime, as necessary.
· Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine how to assemble parts,
· Assembly of fabricated and purchased parts using drawings and parts list provid
Education and/or Experience:
3-5 years of related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Previous experience working with a Haas Lathe & Hass Mill or other CNC machine controlled systems,
· Experience with conventional machining lathe and mill.
· Experience with Mastercam, X8 preferred,
· Previous experience with machine assembly,
· Practical experience a plus, such as Auto Mechanic, Airplane Mechanic, Shop Maintenance of similar experience,
· General machine shop skills
· Forklift Experience required
· Ability to read and interpret assembly drawings and electrical schematics / wiring diagrams,
· Must be able to read drawing in millimeters, and have an understanding of the metric system,
· Have knowledge and can apply geometrical callouts,
· Individual must possess exceptional communication skills, organization skills, and presentation skills,
· Must be self-motivated, and a team player,
· Must be a creative thinker, results oriented, focused, and attentive to detail and accuracy,
· Must have ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines,Apply Now