ResourceMFG Search Group is very excited to present the following opportunity for a CNC Manager position in Longmont, CO!
The CNC Manager provides leadership in planning, supervising, and coordinating all operations to ensure that scheduled project are completed at optimum costs, consistent with safety and quality requirement, for on-time delivery to customers. He/she must partner with management team to ensure efficient department operations.
- Provide positive direction and motivation, involving manufacturing personnel, in order to ensure optimum productivity.
- Consistently meeting safety, quality and production goals
- Create programs, processes, and in-process inspection methodology and set-up sheets for CNC.
- Ensure the accuracy of all programs and maintenance of program files and directories.
- Provide hands on training and ship floor support to operators and leads.
- Supervise and direct all Department responsibilities.
- Ensure the accuracy of all engineering documentation and its proper transmittal both internally and externally.
- Work closely with manufacturing personnel to de-bug programs and set-=up sheets to ensure. that all programs are designed to produce the correct parts in the most efficient manner.
- Upgrade and modify old programs so they are up-to-date and may be used on repeat projects.
- Assist other departments in solving or responding to quality related programs.
- Monitor the progress of jobs released to the production flor, perform time standards and update processes when appropriate.
- Participate in the development of process methods and procedures, work simplification practices and other process improvement activities.
- Keep informed of new and/or improved mechanical engineering technology as a basis for influencing the direction of future project development and/or application.
- Develop, maintain, and portray a high degree of professionalism and technical competence both within and outside the organization, encouraging excellence through example.
- Recommend procedures, equipment, and method changes to facilitate the attainment of quality control standards and continuous improvement.
- Interview and help select new employees.
- Work with Department Leads/Supervisors to ensure that all new employees are properly. oriented pursuant to established policies and procedures.
- Assist in the recommendation of new capital equipment.
- Assist in the training and development of Operators.
- Keep the Operations Manager informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management.
Education, Experience, and Requirements:
- A minimum of 10 years of technical experience. Thorough knowledge of shop math through trigonometry.
- At least 5 years of turning CNC programming experience in a precision machining job shop environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, tool and fixture design, time standards, and machine center capabilities.
- Demonstrated examples of initiative and aggressiveness in completing programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with a wide variety of manufacturing personnel and others at all levels.
- A minimum of 5 year’s management/supervision experience.