ResourceMFG Search Group is very excited to present the following opportunity for a Production Team Shift Leader position in Villa Rica, GA!
The Second Shift Production Team Leader responsible for, among other responsibilities, planning, organizing, directing and monitoring production operations for the areas of safety, quality and efficient performance. Perform as a proactive, “change agent” leader in the facility, providing support and direction to members of the work team. Lead, motivate, and train employees to achieve production results, improve individual skills, and enhance teamwork. Responsible for the daily operations of production departments in the absence of primary Team Leaders. This is an integral role within the facility.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe work environment
- Ensure full compliance of GMP’s, VFM, housekeeping and floor organization. Provide training to employees as needed e.g., Safety, SOP’s and user manuals. Develops and implements new methods, procedures, and systems to improve performance.
- Responsible for achievement of department efficiency goals and standards, track downtime, develop and implement plans with operators and mechanics to reduce downtime through the use of Line efficiency/OEE tracking system. Works to integrate operations, maintenance and QA as one team to reduce inefficiencies and provide our customer the highest quality product the first time.
- Develop and implement plans to reduce waste and control weights. Responsible for coordination with warehouse to provide necessary supplies to production lines and to have finished product removed from lines. Ensures material scrap is at minimum levels. Evaluate material specifications and drive test procedures to optimize performance. Work with Operations and the supply chain group to improve Raw and Packaging Materials performance.
- Provide leadership, guidance and training to employees by developing and implementing plans to improve operator’s skills and capabilities. Instruct personnel on how to correct or enhance performance. Ensure efficient use of resources to maximize labor savings. Coordinate with Operations Manager to insure proper skilled employees are available for production lines to meet production goals and labor standards. Develop skills in the Operations group to build quality into the production process. Lead the shift’s cell leader department and training program. Be a resource to all operators to help them grow and develop their capabilities.
- Maintain safe work and environment conditions.
- High quality production output, which meets or exceeds scheduled requirements.
- Well trained, productive and motivated staff.
- Production rates meet or exceed standards.
- Optimum utilization of manpower and equipment.
- Ensure proper raw materials inventories maintained for production lines
- Timely and accurate completion of paperwork and reports.
- Lead employees in continuous improvement process.
- Ensure all production areas are continually maintained in a superior status
- Be a resource to all employees to promote a culture of growth and positivity.
- Work to maximize the potential of each employee. Monitor employee performance, recognizing and rewarding positive contributions.
- Incorporate every employee in the business improvement process, utilizing and implementing Continuous Improvement Teams (CI Teams) when applicable. Promote an atmosphere of continuous improvement within the company.
- Directly support and enforce Company policies and procedures.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
Responsible for routine problem solving and decision making as necessary to effectively identify and implement quality initiatives and projects. Effectively lead the production function i.e., implementing production schedule; selection, evaluation, coaching, counseling and disciplining of personnel, as necessary. Works to bring all teams together to solve any problem.