The Human Resources Manager is a "hands-on", "on-the-floor" position that is an essential part of the Plant Operations leadership at this 170-employee, unionized facility. The HR Manager has primary responsibility for a full range of generalist responsibilities including: employee development, employee relations, safety and workers compensation, legal and regulatory compliance, payroll and benefits administration, and general supervision of front office administration
- Recruiting, screening and selecting team members to fill vacant positions at all levels within the plant.
- Planning and conducting new hire orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Developing and administering training programs for both management and hourly employees
- Acting as liaison with local labor union representatives regarding contract interpretation.
- Conducting investigations, managing grievances, arbitrations and collaborating on contract negotiations
- Managing consistent and equitable application of company policies, disciplinary procedures and compensation program.
- Advising employees on matters affecting their employment.
- Advising management on the appropriate resolution of employee relations issues. such as corrective actions, grievance resolution and performance management
- Collaborating with other management on the development of an overall facility safety plan.
- Coordinating, developing and facilitating plant safety activities and training events, including:
- Ensure plant personnel are trained on safety programs
- Scheduling and facilitating plant safety training
- Ensuring safety programs are implemented and maintained properly by employees, department managers and supervisors
- Managing the process of keeping plant written safety programs, practices, and procedures current
- Facilitate monthly safety meetings and safety committee meetings
- Investigating, documenting and pursuing corrective actions for safety infractions and accidents
- Promoting and maintaining a safety-conscious plant culture
- Coordinating Workers compensation claims and investigations
- Collaborating with other management on the development of an overall facility food safety plan.
- Coordinating, developing and facilitating plant food safety compliance activities and training events, including:
- Ensure plant personnel are trained on food safety programs
- Scheduling and facilitating plant food safety training
- Ensuring food safety programs are implemented and maintained properly by employees, department managers and supervisors
- Ensuring compliance with all Federal, State, and local labor laws.
- Developing plant-specific human resources policies, programs, and procedures to support the business objectives
- Maintaining all OSHA documentation and accident/injury reports.
- Managing the complete payroll process for both hourly and salaried employees, including time and attendance recordkeeping.
- Supervising the payroll administrator and/or receptionist.
- Managing employee benefits administration to include open enrollments, campaigns, Q&A, dispute resolution, meetings and mailings
- Ensuring employee records such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations are properly maintained.
Required Education, Training, Licensure, or Certification:
- BA or BS in HR or business field strongly preferred
- PHR or SPHR or other recognized HR Certification
- Fluency in either Spanish, French, Vietnamese, Chinese, Korean would be a plus
Required Previous or Cumulative Experience:
- 5+ years of experience as a generalist in Human Resources Management, preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Working expertise in a union environment including investigations, grievances, arbitrations and contract negotiations
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
For immediate consideration please send your resume to email@example.com