ResourceMFG Search Group is very excited to present the following opportunity for a Plant General Manager position in Oldsmar, FL!
General Managers are responsible for overall management of the assets (complete P&L) of an assigned facility or facilities within a location to include plant operations, procurement, customer service, financial, safety, environmental, and quality. Background and experience in an operational role in a Corrugating and Box plant with an emphasis in customer service and multi-plant responsibility.
- Manage the day to day aspects of the business to meet local and corporate objectives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employee, customers, vendors, and suppliers necessary to achieve business objectives.
- Develop and implement production control activities.
- Negotiate contracts to ensure optimum costs and reliability of materials supply.
- Maintain coordination with integral company functions.
- Coach and develop subordinate employees including motivation, performance evaluation, and training.
- Manage environmental and safety compliance.
- Ensure quality systems are in place and comply with customer specifications.
- Manage the preparation of reports and statistics reflecting operating and financial results.
- Prepare and manage budgets.
The successful General Manager will:
- Have a minimum of eight years of progressively responsible management roles including operations.
- Possess a track record of successfully developing and closing added value service engagements with corrugating and box business.
- Have a record of profitably growing revenue and building talented teams.
- Possess excellent communication (written, oral, presentation and listening) skills.
- Possess a strong financial acumen. Is a critical thinker of the highest level: analytical, disciplined, a fact-based decision maker.
- Possess excellent planning, organizational and decision making skills.
- Have a track record of delivering targeted initiatives and objectives on time and on budget.
- Demonstrate an ability to work effectively with employees in other functional areas and senior management peers.
Bachelor level degree with eight plus years experience in an operations environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience