Under Moderate Supervision, performs building related maintenance, service, trouble-shooting and repairs on a wide variety of tasks, which transcend several trade boundaries. Skilled in a wide variety of hand and power tools (including hand held metering devices) to perform work assignments and ensure that quality work, and cleanup, is completed adhering to all safety procedures. Proactively identifies building deficiencies and reports back to Facility Manager. Ability to follow detailed instructions, blueprints, systems, or diagrams to repairs and maintain equipment. Ability to lift and move heavy materials. Require a broad working knowledge of the practices, tools, equipment and materials used for facility service and maintenance.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform emergency repairs to production equipment, in a fast paced environment, to keep lines going at maximum efficiency.
- Start-up of all major facility related equipment that supports production start. As well as shut down of equipment at the end of a production week run.
- Follow all Occupational, Safety and Health Administration (O.S.H.A) guidelines.
- Participate in the installation of facility and production equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on facility & compounding related equipment.
- Promote cleanliness and good manufacturing practices for Cosmetic industry production throughout the maintenance department.
- Take every reasonable precaution to ensure the safety of self, employees he/she works with, the customers and any Company-owned equipment he/she may operate.
- Make sure every reasonable precaution is taken to protect Company property from possible damage and/or theft.
- Ensure that forms are completed in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Consistently reviews all existing procedures for possible change, maintains and expands technical knowledge, attends seminars or reads training materials for continuing education and shows initiative in learning industry trends so that he/she will become a valuable and contributing member of the maintenance team.
Experience or knowledge of:
- Intermediate level of electrical installations, troubleshooting skills including circuits, panels and motors (480,277,208/120 volt).
- Intermediate level of mechanical repairs (rebuilding gear boxes, pumps, etc.)
- Welding and metal fabrication
- Plumbing and steam pipefitting skills
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Must have five years in manufacturer processing maintenance or related experience.
- Must have prior trade experience in maintenance, electrical and mechanical repair or completion of trade school program.
- Employee will supply his/her own hand tools (including electrical multi-meter), Company will supply power tools, employee to have skills in use of power tools.
- Lifting requirement will vary depending on the extent of the repair. Should be able to lift 50 pounds. Help is available for heavier lifting.
- Able to walk on hard cement and asphalt surfaces throughout the day. The surface at many times can be wet.
- Able to work in varying temperatures from indoor air-conditioned offices to extreme outdoor California weather conditions. At times may work in a non-air conditioned environment.
- Climb stairs and ladders as needed, and able to be licensed to work on a platform lift to work at relatively high heights.
- Job requires bending and crawling at times.
- Must be able to reach and make repairs above the head.
- Must carry a valid California driver’s license.
Keywords: Mechanic, maintenance, preventative maintenance, troubleshoot, repair, electrical, machine, equipment, install, technician, technical, assemble.
- Orderly and clean office & warehouse
- Noise level is moderate to high.
- Building is prohibited to all tobacco products.
- Must be able to work on time.
- Working hours vary according to production demands. May be asked on occasion to work in excess of 12 hours.