ResourceMFG Search Group is currently searching for a R&D Chemist II in the Chatsworth, California area for an exciting, newly opened opportunity.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Complete projects based on Optiva workflows assigned by R&D Manager. Prepare lab batches to complete Optiva workflows. Perform varied multi-task formulation, testing and development of products for various clients.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make daily batches based on Optiva Workflows assigned by Management.
- Prepare paperwork (Evaluation Sheet, C of A) and labels for submission.
- Adjust batches and validate specifications as necessary.
- Knowledge of ingredient deck listing.
- Knowledge of rules and regulation (FDA, CTFA, PCPC) for global formulation.
- Attend cosmetic seminars and meetings.
- Maintain housekeeping in conformance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) standards.
- Prepare and document in writing, specifications for various batches.
- Accurately enter formulas into Optiva and Lab Notebooks.
- Perform and monitor stability testing on R&D batches.
- Ability to color match batches. Troubleshooting. Investigate out-of-specifications (OOS).
- Flexible and willing to perform other duties as needed (fill lab batches into components, prepare evaluation sheets and labels).
- Oversee/supervise pilot and first three (if needed) production batches throughout the manufacturing process.
- Calibrate R&D Lab Equipment as needed.
- Perform other duties and assignments as instructed by R&D Management.
- Request new raw material samples. Test and release new raw material samples.
- Assist other Lab Personnel as needed.
- Assist R&D Management with company audits or in preparation of audits.
PHYSICAL / EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Chemistry and/or Biochemistry, or related science field.
- At least 3-5 years experience as an R&D Chemist in the personal care industry.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Computer Skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be punctual (on time).
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- If needed, must be able to work until a project is completed.
- Attention to detail.