The ResourceMFG Search Group is excited to present the following opportunity for a Production Supervisor at our client’s facility in McQueeney, Texas!
The Production Supervisor is responsible for overseeing production operations and supervising
associates in the extrusion and thermoforming departments, including senior leads, operators, and
packers. The Production Supervisor strives to ensure that the company safely and efficiently produces
the highest quality products at the lowest achievable price. They are required to implement and
comply with all human resource, safety, quality and housekeeping policies and procedures. The person
in this position is also is responsible for meeting and exceeding the Company’s financial goals and
production objectives, and to continuously improve the Company’s people and processes.
To perform this job successfully, this individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential job functions. The Production Supervisor’s essential job duties include, but are not limited to
· Observe, follow and model all safety policies and procedures at all times.
· Supervise all full time and temporary production Associates by communicating job
expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling,
and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies,
· Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables;
observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying
methods; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points.
· Oversee and manage production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel;
accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising
schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift
· Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
· Reports any process and equipment problems. Contacts the appropriate personnel for
assistance as needed and proactively manages the impact of any issues caused from
· Organizes work to ensure optimum shift performance.
· Ensures that established policies, rules and regulations, and procedures are
implemented and followed. Seeks to maintain consistency with other shifts and other facilities.
· Ensures that all quality procedures are completed, including testing, on the production
of finished goods and foam.
· Distributes plant status reports to the next-shift supervisor and ensures a smooth
transition between shifts.
· Supervises loading and unloading of trucks and verifies that paperwork is correctly
signed, during non-business hours as required.
· Ensures all end of shift documents and processes are completed and signed off on.
Takes corrective actions and implements training to correct.
· Assists in helping optimize best use of technical associates for overall operations.
· Responsible for all processes, equipment, associates, safety, and housekeeping of the
area and meeting production quality and quantity standards on the shift.
· Required to perform random quality check and safety/housekeeping inspections.
· Assist with troubleshooting equipment issues.
· Confer with management, other supervisors, and/or subordinates to resolve worker
problems, complaints, or grievances.
· Implement, follow and enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
· Implement, follow and enforce company policies and procedures.
· Direct and coordinate the activities of Senior Leads and other production Associates
engaged in the production or processing of goods.
· Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between
· Ensure that all Associates receive demonstrations and training on equipment operations
and safety procedures.
· Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and
reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production
estimates and outputs.
· Manage raw material inventories.
· Purchase necessary supplies and inventory items for the department.
· Work with other team members to complete tasks and achieve department goals.
· Follow instructions and directions provided by the Operations Manager and/or other
members of management.
· General Physical Requirements – The ability to stand, walk, or hear, and smell. The
ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The
associate is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or
· Lifting – The ability to occasionally lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and
or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support
part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
· Vision and Hearing – Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
focus. In addition, good hearing is required. The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Experience and Education:
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business Administration, Engineering or related field plus 3-4 years of
experience supervising in a manufacturing environment or a Minimum of 10+ years of experience
supervising in a manufacturing environment is required. Equivalent experience may be substituted for
educational requirement where associate demonstrates the necessary skills and capability. Experience
in Plastics Thermoforming is preferred.