The ResourceMFG Search Group is excited to present the following opportunity for a Quality Manager who will also lead the Engineering department of an industry leader in pressure vessel manufacturing.
Duties: Directs and coordinates the engineering and quality activities for the Bedford division in the following areas:
A.Responsible for compliance with all codes and standards current and new
1.ASME, DOT, TC, Australian, TPED, PED, UL, FM, etc.
2.Serves as the liaison between the authorizing Body and company on new submittals.
3.Produces and distributes reports on all changes to codes and standards.
4.Responsible for the implementation of all Code changes.
5.Responsible for the preparation and lead contact for Code Audits.
6.Will review all requests for quotes involving new code requirements to help determine cost of compliance.
B.Works closely with R&D, and Marketing to research codes and standards for new product and new customer development.
C.Manage and support company standard tolerances, drawing formats, welding procedures, inspection methods to meet code requirements, procedures and documentation outlined in the division’s quality manual and ensure standards are being followed. This includes documentation controls and standards.
D.Approves or obtains PE design approval for significant custom designed manufacturing equipment.
1.Works closely with the division Manufacturing, Safety and Environmental managers in the design and approval process
2.Leading and assisting Global Manufacturing Engineering groups and projects as directed.
E.Develop, implement and manage all Corrective Action Reports and/or reporting metrics.
F.Formulate, maintain and coordinate quality control objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs
G.Track and consistently communicate the quality manufacturing performance goals and objectives metrics to department managers, supervisors and employees in a clear and concise format
H.Manage all plant continuous improvement activities to improve productivity, yield, reduce cycle time and increase on-time delivery
I.Develop long-term quality improvement initiatives
J.Drive continuous improvement by addressing any weakness in the quality system
Please email all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
PE License or in active pursuit of the License (preferred)
Minimum 3-5 Years’ experience in an Eng/Quality/Mfg Environment (preferred)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively checking work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data and related information effectively; Able to read and interpret written information especially in codes and standards.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits the organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Ability to deal with delays, changes, or unexpected events.
ØDependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to reaching goals even if long hours of work become necessary. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
ØInnovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.