ResourceMFG Search Group is very excited to present the following opportunity for a Maintenance Technician in Macedonia, OH!
Our client is seeking a Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for the maintaining, installation, upgrading, and fabricating machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings for their facility.
- Repair and lubricate machinery and equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Aligns machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, lasers, and plumb bobs
- Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Dismantle machinery or equipment, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
- Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and tow motors.
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and hydraulic presses, using hand and/or power tools.
- Constructs foundation for machines, using hand tools and building materials, such as wood, cement, and steel.
- Assembles machinery and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures, using hand and/or power tools.
- May operate engine lathe or milling machine to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
- Report unsafe conditions. Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Perform other associated duties, functions, or work as needed or assigned to continue the productive operation of the company.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- May be exposed to unpleasant odors on shop floor
- Hands are exposed to metals, oils, solvents, and water-soluble coolants, PPE is provided for protection
- Noise level requires the employee to wear hearing protection while on the shop floor at all times
- Foundry environment can have very high ambient temperatures especially in summer months
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends, as needed
- Must be capable of frequently lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle, push, pull, and/or control objects, tools, or controls (frequent repetitive movement)
- Must be able to stand and bend/twist a minimum of 8 hours per day
- Must be able to stoop, lay, bend, or squat for long periods time
- Must be able to climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or other high structures
- Must be able to see and hear well (either naturally or with correction)
- Must have good dexterity and mechanical skills
Skills and Qualifications
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited institution, certification, journeyman card, minimum 3-4 years relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant industry experience
- Experience with ladder logic microprocessors, MicroLogix, PLC2, and PLC3 control logic
- Mechanical and electrical experience with ABB, Fanuc, and Motoman robots
- Die casting experience is preferred
- Must be detail-oriented
- Able to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Understand and repair hydraulic systems
- Able to use cutting torches, mig and tig welder, and fabricate parts
- Able to work independently, as well as, be an effective team player