ResourceMFG Search Group is very excited to present the following opportunity for an Industrial Designer position in Rio Rancho, NM!
Produce innovative, practical and user friendly concepts for both new lighting products and existing products that attract consumers. Coordinate the look and function of product lines.
- Develop and create ideas for designs of manufactured products:
- Draft illustrations and sketches of potential products or work on enhancing an existing product to make it more appealing to consumers.
- Evaluate design ideas based on factors such as appealing appearance, design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, application, budget, price, production costs, methods of production, market characteristics and client specifications
- Integrate findings and concepts and sketches design ideas
- Presents design to design committee and discuss needs for modification and change. Performs required changes in compliance with procedures
- Design product packaging and graphics for advertising
- Build simulated models using hand and power tools and various materials.
- Prepare illustrations.
- Prepare or coordinate preparation of working drawings from sketches and design specifications
- Design products for custom applications
- Required to have specialized product knowledge.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Minimum A.A.S. degree, preferred Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or a related field required
- Experience in lighting product design Required
- Experience in manufacturing processes a bonus
- 5-10 years of experience in the Industrial Design field preferred
- Must have extraordinary organizational skills.
- A knowledge of materials, fabrication, processes, tooling, equipment utilization, and quality control standards common to the lighting industry is required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Solid Works programs or equivalent.
- Requires good communication skills, as he/she will discuss projects with people at all levels.
- Plans and arranges his/her activities into logical, practical and feasible schedules and assignments and delegates effectively to subordinates as required. He/she follows through to assure that plans and instructions are being followed out effectively and efficiently, on time and within budget.
- Applies him/herself to the jobs at hand in order to accomplish them regardless of what unusual circumstances and roadblocks that may occur.
- Continually seeks new skills and knowledge so that they can better and more effectively perform their tasks and fulfill their assignments.
- Perform at a high level of accuracy, seeking error free work.
- Perform work that is comprehensive in scope and complete in detail.
- Control costs through the efficient and effective utilization of processes, materials, equipment and time. He/she effectively utilizes and manages their own time.
- Recommend policies and procedures that will result in the timely, accurate and cost-effective projection of engineering and manufacturing documentation.
- Continually seeks new technologies, methods, procedures, products and techniques that will result in the timelier and efficient projection of documentation and/or lighting products and components
- Maintain a close working relationship with the operations and engineering groups in assuring that operations are never hampered by a lack of instructions or understanding. The ultimate goal is to always provide documentation that represents the end result and meets or exceeds customer expectations