ResourceMFG Search Group is very excited to present the following opportunity for a Production Supervisor in Granite, IL!
Due to our client’s continued growth and expansion, they are looking for a qualified Production Supervisor to join their team. Packaging and printing industry experience is preferred!
What you will do:
In this role, you will direct and coordinate activities concerned with the production of company products, utilizing knowledge of product technology, production methods and procedures, and capabilities of machines, equipment, and personnel.
- Oversee implementation of procedures and monitor safety, quality, production, and waste.
- Plant walkthroughs with off going/oncoming supervisors between shifts to discuss any Safety issues or hot items.
- Maintain goals of machine production, quality, waste, plant safety, and cleanliness.
- Complete final job approvals on daily production runs.
- Coordinate routine maintenance checks of machines for preventative maintenance and repairs needed and writes maintenance work orders if necessary to ensure efficient operation of machinery.
- Communication of production schedules established by Production Planner/Scheduler with the previous and following shift.
- Monitor and track daily attendance of all employees on shift.
- Check unavailable roll stock report daily
- Implement and maintain the training program for employees.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the policies and procedures in company handbook and enforce when necessary.
- Complete performance reviews of employees in a timely manner.
- Conduct monthly safety and quality meetings with employees.
- Verify that daily housekeeping tasks are completed.
- Oversee other departments when supervisors are unavailable.
- Participate in rotation of supervisors to ensure weekend coverage within the plant.
- Assist in the generation of multiple reports from AS400.
- Communicate with Customer Service department daily to answer questions on production capabilities.
- Review jobs for appropriate specifications and the department’s ability to run them when new orders are being placed.
- Assist operators when needed in maintaining and adjusting equipment.
- Research items that may lead to a more efficient operation (i.e. new equipment)
- Develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality in the area of responsibility and continually monitor them to ensure they are effective.
- Answer customer complaints through the analysis of bags, drafting a resolution, reviewing the measures with work crews, and educating crews on quality standards.
- Assess needs for staffing and assign weekend crews and work based production needs under the direction of the Production Manager.
- Complete accident reports with Corrective actions.
- Coach employees in all areas of work to promote a productive working environment.